- Michigan Teacher Excellence Program (MITEP)
- Roles: Co-PI, Project Evaluator
- Access: Project Admin, Project Contact
- Higher Ed: Mathematics, Higher Ed: Science, Researcher, Evaluator
BIOI graduated from the University of Rhodesia with joint majors in mathematics and physics in 1978. I taught Physics and Mathematics for three years in Zimbabwe (1981-1983). I have also worked as a curriculum development specialist on the Zimbabwe Secondary Schools Science Project(1984-1985).The project produced a four-year course of study in science including laboratory kits. I have been a teacher educator since 1987, initially at the University of Zimbabwe, and currently at Michigan Tech (since 2002).I teach undergraduate courses in instructional technology and educational psychology. I also teach online graduate courses in science education.
1) Learning and development across the lifespan
2) Cultural contexts of development, with a primary interest in development in contexts of transition
3) International and comparative education
4) Program evaluation
RECENT PUBLICATIONSHungwe, K. (in press). Identity, self-interpretation and workplace change: An investigation of the work activity of machining. Journal of Adult Development.
Hungwe, K., Sorby, S. & Drummer, T. (2007). Preparing K-12 Students for Engineering Studies by Improving 3-D Spatial Skills. International Journal of Learning 14(2), 127-134.
Hungwe, K. (2007) Language policy in Zimbabwean education: historical antecedents and contemporary issues. Compare, 37, 13-149.